Doesn't it seem in this day and age, the age of mass communication, you always hear about something terrible? We are more aware than ever about all the tragedy in the world...earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, accidents. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with it all. My heart breaks for the people who find themselves, out of the blue, without a home or even a loved one. It piles on my heart so heavy that I feel weighed down to the ground sometimes. I try to say quick little prayers when I hear of such sadness, because I believe in a God that heals and loves.
I'm asking those of you who do the same, to say a quick prayer for a family that goes to the same church we do, Hood River CMA. Dan and I were in a small group with this family a couple years ago, and I did a small Bible study with Leah, the mother. I really can't say enough wonderful things about this family. They are alike my sister-in-law, Danielle's family, in that whenever you saw anyone of one these guys, their faces lit up in a contagious smile. (that is a gift, I say!)
They lost their son, Forest, on Friday just hours before he was to receive his high school diploma, in a terrible accident. I can't imagine, nor do I ever want to know what kind of sadness and pain they are experiencing right now. I don't quite know what else I can do, expect ask others to also say a quick prayer for a family who, out of the blue, lost their son and brother. Thank you!
3 comments:
Will do. so sad.
That is the saddest! We will definitely be praying, and thanks for the kind words!
I just wanted to let you know I have been praying for them.....
Post a Comment