Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ballet Baby!

We had parent day at Amya's ballet class this week!  We are only allowed to observe one class per semester.  This time I brought a camera!
This is her teacher, Nancy, the miracle worker!!  She has dialed in how to get 10 little girls to WANT to do whatever she tells them!  Amazing, I tell you.
 (oh, to have her legs!!!)
 They are preparing for the Spring Recital!  Costumes have been ordered...dance steps are being rehearsed!
 Amya LOVES ballet...we have a countdown every week...how many more days 'till ballet.

 One of Amya's besties is in the class with her...they are hardly ever more than a few feet away from each other...


...and support each other when fatigue sets in :)



 When the class is over Teacher Nancy gives the girls a stamp on their hands...amazing how special this part of the lesson is for the kids!!
 What was Nelson doing for 45 minutes while a bunch of girls were dancing around and twirling???


He played with his car! (and he danced around and twirled...but with a shy embarrassed look on his face)

1 comment:

TAITx3 said...

Oh my goodness. I am in love. Those are adorable pictures. My favorite is the one with several of the little girls dancing with their arms spread out and their tongues sticking out. They are in deep concentration. I often do that.
I can't till Charlotte turns 3. That's when she can start ballet!!! I loved ballet. I'm hoping she will love it as much as me. My dream when I was little was to be a professional ballerina.
Thanks for posting!!!