So, Sarah and family do this thing called "geocaching." ...and now the Shaws do it, too! It is so much fun. For those of you who don't know about this, you use a website to find clues and coordinates to find a "cache"...which can be anything from a piece of paper where you sign your name, to trinkets or coins, sometimes money! It is a family fun activity...and cheap (after you buy your GPS unit). Here is a glimpse of our fun...
Sarah is writing coordinates on her hand before we hike to the site.
...the GPS...
Even Amya got into it!


Sarah pulled a "branch" out of the tree, that had a tube inside it.
This "cache" was stuffed inside a tree, connected to a string, connected to a branch.
Sarah is writing coordinates on her hand before we hike to the site.
...the GPS...
Even Amya got into it!

Sarah pulled a "branch" out of the tree, that had a tube inside it.
This "cache" was stuffed inside a tree, connected to a string, connected to a branch.
8 comments:
That's so white and nerdy. ~KT
...opposed to pink and cool?...
You think that is nerdy?...next week we are going to a "pie" party (someone celebrating thier 31.416 birthday)
so what is in the little bottle?!?!? i need to know!-dn
in this case, the bottle contained quite a suprise. It was a....hold on, Amya's crying...ill have to get back to you on that...
I watched a show on this some time ago. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun but I am definitely white and nerdy so I would think it was fun. I also want to know what was in the tube.
steph
I just like saying white and nerdy. Seriously, it does look cool. Maybe we can do it when I come and visit. ~Kara
...in the tube was a roll of paper, where you sign your name...
Then you have to go on the website and log that you found it. We were pretty excited to find the "branch" because the last person that logged about that cache said they have looked for it three times and can't find!...I guess she didn't pull out random branches on the tree!
I so want to do this!!! It will make me feel like I am on the amazing race. I show that I would love to be on, but I know would make me look like a crazy emotional freak. I love reality tv, Amazing Race is by far the best.
Post a Comment