Saturday, May 31, 2008

First Time To The Zoo!

















While in Portland, Amya and I killed a day at the zoo. It was Amya's first zoo experience. I thought she would like it because she loves animals (especially dogs, monkeys and elephants)....and she did! The picture above is when she saw the monkeys for the first time (that is one sleeping). I knew it when she liked a certain animal because she would blow it kisses! :)




We also went on a train ride through the zoo and the park around it...Amya stayed awake for only 5 min. of it, but I liked it!


Poor Dan had to do stupid stuff while we played. We wished he could have been with us!

2 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

Carol, i think you just keep getting better looking as you get older. Girls aren't supposed to do this you know...Willow also recently saw her first zoo. We went on a field trip with bear and i was the irresponsible mom that got lost on the way and was 10 min late. It was fun once we got there though.

Carol and Dan said...

What did Willow think of the animals? Did she love it? I think Amya was more impressed with all the school kids running around than the animals. She went up to one boy and tried to take his stuffed animal (he was young enough to find this threatening and not funny, which made it better for me!).........c.