Monday, July 21, 2008

Don't Try This At Home


The blood mobile showed up at Dan's work last week and Dan thought... hey, I haven't done this since college, but why not give it a try!... that was one of the last thoughts Dan had before going out for the count! Upon waking, 10 seconds and a crazy dream later, to people with gloves and masks shaking him, Dan's survival instincts kicked in and he tried to "escape" and jump off the table. Two hours of rest and cookies later, I was called to come pick him up. The best part of it all is, he actually did give blood that day!

4 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad to hear that your better Dan! You never know, you might have saved someone's life donating that blood! Kudos to you!!! ~KT

Sonya and Pete said...

Dan!
So glad to hear you are ok!
I agree with kara, Giving blood saves lives. Carol and Amya are so lucky to have a hubby/daddy like you!
I have told carol that you are such a caring and unselfish person, what you did is another way of proving my point.
Love you all !

{TK} said...

Bud! you gotta be careful, us Shaws are lightweights. The same thing happened to me once when I had to give blood at the doctors - was out cold! You are noble for doing it, though. What a guy.
My favorite part of the story is you jumping off the table to escape ; )

The Jaymac Clan said...

Glad to hear you're okay and did a great thing for someone. At least you're not like Jason, when he tries to give blood it comes out like sludge and they can't use it. Healthy I know.