Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fall Harvest

Wild blackberries growing in our back yard...yum!The pumpkin seeds we planted are doing well! This is the first time I've ever planted pumpkins. Can't wait for fall!
When Judy was here, we planted a fall harvest of more lettuce (we've been eating salad all summer from one package of seeds!...probably saving about $80 worth of groceries!), and some peas and beans. Within 5 days, they had already sprouted. I'm so excited! I love "free" food! Thanks Judy!
(these sprouts are one week old!)

This is my "weed tree" as I don't know if it is a weed or some exotic flowering tree! I let it live because I realized that a bunch of stuff I thought were weeds (and pulled out) were actually plants. If anyone can recognize it one way or another, let me know!

2 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Great job Carol. I wish I could get some of that yummy produce! ~Kara

Hank and Mary said...

I love your garden Carol. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. MMMMMMMMMMMM good.