We had a Halloween party this weekend! If you ask Amya she will tell you it was our "Fall Party", because she does not like Halloween.

Most people dressed up, but I didn't pick up my camera until later in the evening. I think there is a picture of the Shaw family in our costumes, but I don't know who took it! I'm trying to track it down.

The evening ended with a bonfire in the backyard. Most of the men congregated out there. I sat with them for a little while and got insight into the minds of men. I heard some funny advice to a father-to-be involving diapers and a good night's sleep.
Amya was asleep within minutes of Greg finishing this story. Other kids were having screaming wrestling matches all around her as she slept peacefully.
At the party were also a couple dinosaurs, a Rubik's cube, a ghost buster, a few cowboys/cowgirls, a mid evil wench, a magician, a zebra and pea pod, Dorthy, another black cat (I guess I wasn't original enough!), a pumpkin and a turtle!
I hope I didn't leave anyone out.
(did I mention the kids had fun?)













7 comments:
You are your mothers daughter so sorry.
Man, that looked liked so much fun. I always wanted to throw a halloween party. Why does Amya hate Halloween so much. All kids love halloween.... ~Kara
Love the costumes! Want to see more of the Shaws in theirs! :)
So fun!!!
Is it some of the scary costumes some people wear? Or was it last year...Dan's scarry costume that he had to tone down...lol
Well, if you look at Halloween through a child's eyes, it can be very intimidating and frightening. Just walking through Walgreens sets off lifesized moaning zombies. Then you have to deal with everybody dressed up in bizzare bizzare clothes! I was dressed like a cute little black kitty, and I made a little boy cry just by saying "hello"!
I think it is good for them to experience and learn to deal with fear. Amya has a long way to go! :) ...................c.
But... this year she will connect the candy to it all and she will wait for it to arrive again next year.CHOCOLATE
Post a Comment