Monday, March 19, 2012

Been Sewin'

I've been too busy to sew lately.  So, of course that makes me want to sew.
Last week I set some time aside (when I should have been doing a long list of other stuff) and sewed and sewed and sewed.  Amya helped me find "ideas" on line and then we did our best to copy them.  Amya usually looses interest shortly after we've picked out the fabric...but she enjoys the results!

 We got inspired by this post.  And tried to copy the idea of a "smocked" neck.
 It was super fun and pretty easy, so we made some more!
 A mistake in the hem of this dress, was fixed with a cute bow!  We love happy mistakes.
This one is made out of knit fabric...super cozy!  We thought it would make a great swim suit cover-up for summer time (hard to believe that will ever come when we keep waking up with snow on the ground!).

 This dress is a size 2, but Nelson was not available to model....glad to know it works as a shirt on a 5 year old!  Hopefully it will get years of use!
 We loved the bow so much, we did it again, but in a contrasting color!
 Amya was all about this dress when she saw the picture.  I explained to her that her Momma is NOT the talented Jess (are you kidding me?!), but that I'd give it my best shot!
 This is my first attempt at sleeves!!...not as hard as I was imagining it to be!
 The best part of this tutorial is that I learned how to do a button closure!...also not that hard.

 It was a fun week of sewing, but like all good things it has come to an end!  The sewing room door is closed, and the laptop is open!   My nap times for the next few weeks will be devoted to work!

2 comments:

Susu said...

You are "sew" talented! lol
Amya makes a beautiful model:)

Anonymous said...

all I can say is...wow! those dresses are just the cutest!
grammy