Friday, May 9, 2008

Michigan, Here We Come! (by car...and not now, but in July)

So, I know the price of gas is high...but so are the airline tickets! So, Dan and I decided that driving may be the better way to go this summer. Now I'm starting to get really excited about our annual get-together in Michigan! I got so excited that I found some pictures from the past couple years for us all to look at...At Mackinaw there are a few guarantees...dogs chasing each other and camp fires.
The moon rising over the lake
We always make time for family pictures
Walker and Taylor have set records for how many times they've scaled this wall. Even the adults got into it.
We know the "boys" will have another member by next summer, maybe two!
Mema and MiaI always like doing fun photo shoots while up in Mackinaw...this is one of Bear swinging glow sticks...A ghost picture of Taylor...and Cheryl and baby Kadence (2 years ago)
...sitting around the camp fire...
...time for just chillin' out...
...and friends even stop by (Max, we've talked to Amya and she promises to be nicer this year!).


So, who else is excited about summer trips to wherever?...









9 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Those pictures really make me want to be a part of your family. Looks like a lot of fun and many fond memories. Looking forward seeing new pictures after your trip in july. ~Kara M Tait

Anonymous said...

I am!!!!!

Susu said...

I can't wait, hopefully Kadence will be having her awesome birthday party with the "worm" cake she is obsessed with eating. I haven't decided if I will use nightcrawlers from the bait shop or gummies! This is just one of her many big plans so everyone beware!

Chris Ann said...

Kara, your are family. The Hooks,Taits and Nelsons have always been,just look at us. I can't wait for this generation to finally hook up Henry,and Amya,A Herman and Willow,Cassy and Juneau,Kadence and Alden, Baer and ? maybe Walker will even wait for one of the girls to grow up. You are all invited to come up whenever? If there are no beds left we have connections at the local hotels and one free 2 night stay at the local campground.

Sonya and Pete said...

the Flower power picture of amya is amazing!!!!
She is soooooooo cute and she is getting so big. I saved the picture in my favorites and i plan on printing it out and framing it on my fridg!

The Jaymac Clan said...

I don't even know if we are really invited, but Jason and I plan on coming up again this year. We had a great time last year. We will have little baby Micah to show off too.
Suria, get ready to strap those skis on again so we can show up the boys.

Carol and Dan said...

Of course you are!........c.

Priests By Name said...

You're definately invited Stephanie, but I'm taking a personal vow to NOT let prego Susu water ski! You should work on Carol instead!

Priests By Name said...

By the way, I can't wait, and now that I got out of jury duty for July, you had better get ready to live!