Following Danielle's lead...
...I'm doing a post about what is growing in our yard (better phrased: What has the potential to grow in our yard).
The south side of the yard has a couple lilac trees and a magnolia tree. We planted bamboo in between (the clumping kind, so it won't go crazy). The bamboo should fill in nicely.
Where the flowers grow! What kind? It's going to be a surprise this first year.
...the steps to the hilly part of the yard.
This is the garden. Half of it is under the protection of a growing cloth to keep the bugs out while the lettuce and peas are still young. The other half is under cardboard to help kill the weeds before planting. Just to the left, is another small garden.
This is the strawberry and raspberry patch (with a rhubarb plant in front)
I love this ground cover and am trying to figure out how to transplant it lots of different places. Less grass = less mowing! In the background, you can see the fire pit, garden and berry patch.
We forgot how much Amya loves rocks until we made this fire pit. I will be redesigning it, so that it is less appealing to her :)
This is part of the yard at dusk. And those are plum trees! We want to get more of these solar yard lights. They look very pretty in the evening.
Here is Dan working on the pergola...more of that to come later!
5 comments:
Very nice!!!! I am pumped to see the bamboo and pergola. I am jealous, bamboo will not grow here (unless is build a greenhouse of something) Your yard is so charming and rolling, I look forward to exploring it one of these days!!!
Amazing work! I wish I had the time to keep up with a garden!
I LOVE the "natural" look you have in the yard! Very Beautiful and calming!
nice. very nice.
Hey, I picked out my pergola 3 years ago, and Kevin still hasn't built it!!! Danielle even helped me stalk out the house in Mackinaw with a great one so we could get pictures. Then Kevin went right to the door and asked if he could check it out (sounds like Kevin, huh). Why don't I have mine yet? I LOVE YOUR YARD!!!
Post a Comment