Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's A Home!...For....

..."Hockey", "Docky" and "George"!
Who are Amya's new hens!



Dan designed this chicken coup, and he and his mom built it this weekend. (and yes, the price of free roaming eggs is expensive!)
More about the hens to come........

5 comments:

Danielle Nelson said...

Sweet!

TAITx3 said...

That's great and all, but isn't a newborn good enough to take care of right now. (just trying to be funny!)
Seriously, that is really cool. I'm kind of jealous.
kind of.

Susu said...

I once had 3 chickens-turns out one was a rooster and I had to get rid of him cause his 5am crowing wasn't cool with the neighbors! They never laid eggs though. We just saw some chicks at the pet store today with books about raising them for their eggs. I can't wait to hear how this works out.

Sonya and Pete said...

omg! Susu!!! Were you my neigbor? LOL!!!! I had a neigbor that had a rooster too... I had 3 chickens too when I was growing up. They were a science experiment and we were able to bring some home if we had a signed parent slip.. I named them after the 3 stooges...lol

Aunt Judy said...

Dan, somehow this is reminding me of your childhood, too!