The scene: Amya is dancing around the living room with a feather...
Dan: "Amya, what is heavier, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?"
Amya: "Ha-ha! Bricks!"
Dan: "Wrong. They are both a pound. They weigh the same."
Amya: "Bricks"
Dan: "No. They weigh the same."
Amya: "Bricks."
Dan: "Amya, a pound is a pound. It doesn't matter what it is. So a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of bricks."
Amya: "Bricks."
Dan: "Ok. Let's try this again. What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of Nelson?"
Amya: "Daddy! Nelson!"
Dan: (sigh)
*****************************************************************************
This morning, before Amya had spoken her fist words for the day, Dan decided to test her again.
Dan: "What weighs more Amya, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?"
Amya: "You. You weigh more, Daddy."

4 comments:
You would think we would learn not to argue with a 3 year old, they are always right. Max and I spent 10 minutes arguing the other day. I told him he is a child and needs to watch his attitude and he advised me that he is a man and not a child. So I said, Do you have a job because adults have jobs. He said, Yes I do. I work on motorcycles. I had no come back for that so I guess he's a man. I have yet to see money from his motorcylcle repair shop though.
Her reasoning seems sound to me.
Smart girl.
lol!
Post a Comment