Saturday, May 1, 2010

"Polly Put The Kettle On..."

"...we'll all take tea."



Amya and I have started a new routine (inspired by my friend who is doing the same thing with her kids). Every day after lunch and before nap, we have tea time!


A few things that made me giggle...Amya told me that when princesses drink tea, they put their baby finger up! (note the picture above right) When I asked her if she was having fun, she responded, "Yes, my dear." Where does she get this stuff?

While we drink our tea, we talk about the day so far...what she liked, what she didn't like. She asks me questions like, "What makes you happy, mom?"

When I told her that flowering trees make me happy, she hopped down off her chair, picked a bud and brought it back to me. These are things I never want to forget (and have to replay in my mind a few hours later when she is sassing me!)

4 comments:

TAITx3 said...

I love it! Great idea.
What to do with little boys? Have a mud party???

The Jaymac Clan said...

it is a great idea. I think my boys would love a mud party.

Carol and Dan said...

Silly silly ladies!...boys can have tea just as easily as girls. There is nothing feminine about tea! Granted, they might lift their pinky fingers and talk about princesses.....

Priests By Name said...

Write it down, write it down, you will forget it even though you can't fathom it! What an amazing idea, I wish I had tried it with Taylor, but drink aside, the conversation part is much more up Walker's alley! Amazing idea! Don't let it go!