Sunday, January 22, 2012

Home Tour: Playroom

Welcome to the CRAZY room on our house.
We tackled this room last year!...ikea shelving really helped clean this room up!
 I bought fabric from fabric.com and stapled it behind all the shelving, bookshelf and dollhouse (stole that idea from Kara).

 Doesn't this room scream that it needs a fresh coat of paint?  I'm thinking white, to brighten up the space. (beige, beige, beige, blah, blah, blah)












Music!










I painted an old frame white, which we call, "The Art Gallery."  We rotate projects in and out of there.  We also have a map up so we can show the kids where we are going every time we get on a plane to visit family!


 We put Amya's old crib mattress on the floor, originally for a "quiet space", but of course it turned into a trampoline!  I'm very grateful for our trampoline during weeks like this one (snow, freezing rain, rain, freezing rain, snow, trees snapping all over the place).  I made the sheet for the trampoline using Dana's tutorial.

 My favorite thing about this room is all the original works of art from so many different people!
This story page was part of a college assignment of Auntie T's!  (snagged that up right away!)
 Dan made the doll house, which is decorated with Aunt Danielle's Christmas ornaments (how could I put those in a box for 11 months out of the year?!).  The moustache skateboard leaning up on the right is Aunt Danielle's handywork as well!
Uncle John painted this panda bear for me when I was in high school.  I've brought it with me everywhere I've lived.  I love her.
I actually pulled this beautiful piece out of our friend's scrap fire wood bin!  It's original intent was to be part of a handmade wooden balance bike.  Slip of the saw = lucky me!!
That's it for now!  Doing these posts has given me the "renovation" bug! (sorry Dan)  Time to put some of the new ideas to work! (thanks Kara!)

1 comment:

TAITx3 said...

What a darling playroom. Dang, your house is huge!!!