Monday, January 30, 2012

Sparkle Dough!

When I taught preschool, I tried several times, unsuccessfully, to make playdough (thank goodness for co-teachers!).   Amya decided she could walk me through and we could do it together...
                                  It worked!! (thank goodness for 4 year old girls!)

We followed this recipe.  And got inspiration from this blogger.
                              Pretty simple ingredients (we added  lavender oil ... just for the smell).
I overheard Amya talking to her dolls afterwards, "Yeah, we made it!  Really.  Mommy and I made the playdough!"  **smile**
 I was even thinking this would make a great party favor!  Hmmm...we do have some birthdays coming up...
                                                             Not bad for a kitty cat!
                                                                  
                                                                     Wait...what?
                                                     Oh, right!  A Kitty Cat!!
This batch has gotten lots... 
...and lots...











                                                              ....of use!

2 comments:

TAITx3 said...

I've been wanting to make this since "Sew Liberated" posted it. I have micro bead ball "glitter" from Martha Stewart collection that I was going to use. I am planning making some for Henry's kindergarten class for Valentine's day. I found heart shaped plastic eggs that I was going to put it in. You should definitely make some for Amya's class for V-day!

Carol and Dan said...

Kara, that is a great idea!! V-Day!...didn't even think of that! :) ............c.
p.s. did I tell you Amya's preschool is closing? Last day is the 16th :(