Monday, January 5, 2009

One Room "Done"!

...and that is in the loose sense of the term! But it is the only room in the house with something on the wall. Dan and I have never had a dinning room table, so it was a little unfamiliar to eat at one, in our own house; but nice.
...Amya's dinning room table (which is used for painting, coloring, and playdough way more than for eating)...

The only way my non-mathematical and very spacial brain could hang pictures on the wall was to make paper copies and tape them up, stand back and eye ball it! But hey, it worked! (the second time)


9 comments:

The Jaymac Clan said...

funny. I am also completely inept at hanging things. Jason has forbid me to do this because I always make 20 extra holes in the wall.

TAITx3 said...

Very nice Carol. You must feel like a real grown up with a dining table and all... I am so happy for you guys and your new home. I love it. ~kt

Anonymous said...

I love it Carol and Dan... good work. We have the same exact table in our Dining room. Different chairs though.

The sad thing about our house is that we have things hanging, but only in the holes that the previous owners had stuff hanging. So you can imagine how that looks. We had no paint to fill in the holes and I was to lazy to repaint.

I just picked up paint samples yesterday.

Sonya and Pete said...

Carol!
The dining room looks great! I am soooo happy for you guys..I love Amya's table.. she must love all the extra room she has now..I am sure you do too..Great job hanging things up, and I laughed so hard at the posting left my the MacDonald clan..I am the same way!!!! LOL Pete has no idea I put 20 holes in the wall till he removes the picture...lol

Unknown said...

If only my rooms were that easy to make beautiful... I can't wait to see more photos. Have you unpacked the kitchen yet?

Chris Ann said...

Very chic! Great work. You and all the other girls in our family minus me are so good at getting the walls just right.

The Nelson Family said...

Love it!!! YOu've seriously got a knack for this whole decorating thing!!! I can't wait to come and see the finished product!!!- dani

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see the table in person. I love the black and white photos. It will be fun to add more to your house as you continue to collect memories in your new home! Yeah!

Priests By Name said...

Who's Hester? And did mom say that I have a knack for decorating my walls? She must not have seen my solid orange living room that doesn't have one picture hanging in it yet! (and has folding chairs as furniture for that matter!) It looks GREAT!!! I love the tables and chairs:) Well worth the purchase Dan! I'm wondering if you had a fever like the night that Kevin bought the flat screen tv's, and the futon couch!