Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Matryoshka Dolls

**UPDATE**
The fabric we used for the dolls is actually fleece.  I had quite a bit left over from another project and it doesn't fray (neither does felt).
The fabric "patch" behind the doll is a re purposed sweater!
***************************************************************
 Amya and I have been making Matryoshka dolls to keep her busy through the bad weather this week.  I love these little ladies!
This one ended up on a pillow, for my friend's sweet baby girl (I don't know if she reads my blog...guess I'd better get this in the mail!)  Her tummy is a little pocket for small treasures to hide.
 I love snaps!...even though it would have been easier to make an envelope back , I really thought she needed snaps.

 I used this tutorial and cut enough material for several dolls so Amya and her friends could mix and match and do whatever they wanted.
Once she glued all her pieces on, I sewed eyes and a mouth, then sewed on her back.  I think Amya has made three in past few days!
 Now she wants me to make this one into a pillow for her!  OK....twist my arm!

9 comments:

Susu said...

Kadence wants to know if Amya will make her one! Maybe we can make something to send back:)

Carol and Dan said...

In a heartbeat Susu! :) .........c.

Susu said...

Yay! We will make something, I don't know what unless Amya has a special request! Perfect timing too, we can send it with the b-day presents!

TAITx3 said...

Weird, I swear I just wrote a comment. Antways, those are so so sweet. I just can;t stand the cuteness. You really should make and sell those! Seriously.
What kind of felt do you use It look so soft. Where do you get it? Online?

TAITx3 said...

Oh, I forgot.... What is the fabric that you used in the background of the doll. I am in love with it.

{TK} said...

Can I have one too??? My bday is coming up ... hint hint

Carol and Dan said...

Sure thing, Auntie T ;) Amya is going to be one busy girl! .......c.

TAITx3 said...

Ok, I'm just gonna say it..... Can Amya make us one as well????

Carol and Dan said...

tee-hee..you got it!...p.s. what are you doing up?!.........c.