So, while we were camping, Amya took the glass picture frame she gave Dan for Father's Day, and smashed it into my nose. I don't know why. Maybe because it was there. She wasn't mad or anything, and afterwards, thought it was quite funny.This was one of a small handful of times I've cried out loud from physical pain since adolescence (once during a basketball game in high school, I got a ball to the face that brought on tears, although I was able to conceal it quit well, as crying in public is one of my biggest fears, and was actually patted on the back for being so tough ... I've always felt like a hypocrite for that). I have a whole new appreciation and respect for those of you who have had a broken nose. I ain't fun!
P.S. If you live near Kara, or will be around her any time soon, I highly recommend you ask her to cut your hair! I have never had someone pamper me so much or be such a perfectionist during a hair cut. And if I don't mind saying so, myself, it's an excellent hair cut!! Thank you, thank you, Kara!
4 comments:
Oh.... I feel for you. That must have hurt.
Your too sweet with that kind compliment. I think you should fly to Boston this weekend to get a trim! (actually I just want a reason for you to come and hang). Loves you. ~Kara
I agree with you Carol.... there are 2 people that I always hope will cut my hair. Janelle and Kara. They make me feel like a rich princess. (as opposed to a poor one)
How many times have I cried in pain? I cannot even guess.
...physical pain...if you count emotional pain, that is a different story, just ask Dan!........c.
Post a Comment