Saturday, November 29, 2008

A New Tradition


We decided to start a new "day after Thanksgiving" tradition, while we live here in the gorge. We will go to the White Salmon Glassworks and blow a Christmas ornament (literally), then head over to Everybody's micro-brew restaurant for a bite.


Our first time was quit fun! Although it was a little nerve racking trying to keep Amya from breaking all the glass on display!

Ahhh! Blood pressure is rising!






(thank goodness for glass protected display boxes!)



This is the process!




Heating up the glassRolling it in colored glass shards to achieve the desired color (this year it was "cranberry with snow")Blowing the bulb (Amya wasn't interested in trying this)Attaching the loopTa-Da!
.............................................
Everybody's!

(oh, by the way, Amya insisted on wearing her tu-tu that night)

playing shuffleboard

Amya was fascinated with this little girl that was wearing a red cape. I guess if you're going to wear your tu-tu to a restaurant, you shouldn't point fingers!

5 comments:

TAITx3 said...

I love traditions. Look like a lot of fun. You look like an expert blower, Carol. I love Amya with the tutu.
~KT

Sonya and Pete said...

I love traditions too! It is so much fun to start them!

linsey said...

I love that idea!!!

Anonymous said...

how fantastic!

The Jaymac Clan said...

That is a great idea. You guys always do awesome fun stuff. So jealous. I think I need to move close to you guys so I even have the opportunity to do those things.