Saturday, February 21, 2009

time to plant the crops


Heres a shot of Carol working the soil with Lewis helping out where he can....this is our new garden and around here, growing season starts early....these 2 beds will be lettuce and asparagus and the beds in the side yard will be tomatos, pepers, corn, peas and beans..... the area behind the garden here is the berry patch that has rasberries and strawberries...

7 comments:

Sonya and Pete said...

Wow! I am so impressed! I wish I could do that..maybe next year!
Was the ground still frozen? was it tough to till and turn the soil?

Carol and Dan said...

Hehe...I didn't even know Dan took this picture, let alone posted it!
No, the soil was not frozen. It was pretty easy to turn. We started our indoor seeds today, too! I'm so excited! I hope they work. I do NOT have a green thumb, so I'm crossing my fingers :) ..........c.

Chris Ann said...

now you can all see why I had spring feaver when we were out there. They have a truley great garden heaven. Dan add Grapes to your list of plands. Happy Birthday!! The grapes will be from your local vinyard.

The Nelson Family said...

Awesome!! Do you need migrant workers to come and help you for a couple months(we'd have to live in your house, too)?

Dr. Cheryl Priest said...

Envy, of the green nature, is what you would see on my face right now. When I start my greenhouse seeds in 3 weeks here, there will be many who say that I am jumping the gun (trying the squeeze 8-9 weeks in the greenhouse before it is safe to bring them outside)! I did go online and order some seeds yesterday just to make me feel like Spring is on it's way. Of course we were under a winter storm warning at the time...

Susu said...

It's great that we are all getting started, I started my indoor plants two weeks ago and can't wait to make homemade salsa without needing anything from the store except a lime. My lettuce looks pretty weak and I have never had any luck with lettuce in the past anyone have advice? Bryce is enclosing our garden this year to keep those pesky squirrels away!

Chris Ann said...

Cheryl, are you bringing me pots of tomatoes again this year. They were so great last year. Dad and Bryce are enclosing the garden today. Yesterday Hank, lilly, Kadence and I played outside in the playhouse while dad turned over all the ground.